Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Catch Up




07-05-10 @ CF215 (Phila, PA)
Micah (insert with YES pink, magenta and lavender ankle socks), has been on at me for donkey's years about coming to his box to workout, and I now know why.....IT'S AWESOME :) Erin (Davidson - CFCC) and I did "Rowing Lumberjack" and it was pretty terrible, but fun.

If you live in the Philadelphia/East Falls/Manayunk area and you haven't been down to their box, I think it's to re-evaluate things. It's good to try new things, hence continuing my journey as a Nomad......and proud.

07-08-10 @ Hybrid (Stamford, CT)
Today, I went with 'Hump-a-lot' Lipson to Rob's and did some crazy-ass shizzle sent to us by Scott Lewis of Guerilla Fitness (thanks for that, Scott). Rob, of course crushed it and looks as ready as ever to go represent the Northeast in LA. I got stuck on the damn ring dips (it seriously took me about 4 minutes to complete 25 reps). As in true CrossFit fashion, just when you think you have it, you get sucker-punched right in the ..........

The WOD:

100 DU's
Then, 25 reps of...
Wall Ball (20/16) - Rob only has 16#
C2B Pull-Ups
Deadlifts (225/155)
Row (25 Calories)
Box Jumps
DB Push Press (40/25)
Sit-Ups
Ring Dips (urghh)
100 DU's

My time: 16 something....shitty!

Also had to add that I popped down to see Sam and Keith at CrossFit Virtuosity (Brooklyn, NY) yesterday. I walk in and Sam is in the back of the room with an electric saw and 2x4's....drilling. Ask no questions. I say, "I came to do Fran!" She turns to me and replies, "Really???!?!?! I kinda wanna do that!" I didn't even have to ask twice, ha! And so it began. It was effin' awful. However, Sam PR'd, which was awesome considering it was (literally) 100 degrees. We then somewhere convinced Joey to do it, who almost PR'd :) I did not PR. It's always a good time at CFV.....even better when we go to workout and end up grilling :)

Tomorrow I plan on going to CrossFit Milford (Milford, CT). I'll let you know what awfulness unfolds if I make it.

That's all for now.

"It is what it is...and what will be will be."





No comments:

Post a Comment